Call About Financing - As Low As $99 per Month!
At A-1 American, our professionally trained technicians use state-of-the-art line location technology, such as Video Pipeline Inspection systems, to locate damaged sewer lines. This technique is referred to as “No-Dig” technology, because it eliminates the need to make an exploratory excavation of your yard when looking for the break. This innovative method prevents homeowners from having nightmare scenarios on their property.
If you suspect a blockage or leak in your sewer line, call the A-1 American sewer pipe repair team before you dig up your yard. Without the need to excavate your home or business property, you can continue your regular daily routine, with no interruptions. Our technicians will come out, and you will hardly notice that we’ve been there, until you see that your damaged pipes are working normally. When hiring A-1 American, you can be assured that our sewer line repair technicians are up-to-date with the most recent knowledge and technology that make our process the most efficient and cost-effective one on the market. Don’t be tricked into hiring another company that says they know what they’re doing but don’t have the knowledge or experience to back up their claims. You need professional plumbers who know how to deal with insurance companies. We have quality plumbers from Williamsburg to Virginia Beach that homeowners can count on to complete this complicated project properly and on time.
To read some reviews of A-1 American Services’ work, click here.
Locating Underground Damaged Pipes for Repair and Replacement
No-Dig Video Technology:
A-1 American’s no-dig technology involves the installation, replacement or renewal of underground plumbing utilities with minimal excavation and surface disruption. There’s no need to tear your home’s or business’ land trying to access the broken pipe that is causing problems. With the use of a video inspection feed, our trenchless sewer line replacement technicians can locate the problem quickly and form an efficient plan to fix your pipes with the least disruption possible.
The video inspection feed allows us to:
- Find the cause and location of the damage
- See the pipe from the inside
- View the repaired section of pipe after the repair is made
What Causes Pipes to Break?
There are a few scenarios we may come across that can burst or block pipes.
- Roots from trees grow through the pipe after years of nature taking its course.
- Frigid temperatures freeze the water, bursting the pipes from the expansion of water turning into ice.
- The seals holding each pipe together have started to crack, causing the leaks to expand with more water pressure added.
- The building materials that were used have failed from improper assembly or years of use and abuse.
- Earthquakes in Virginia are uncommon, but when they’re felt in Hampton Roads, they can disrupt underground pipes.
We can analyze and determine the exact cause of your broken pipes. We’ll give you an assessment and estimate on what needs to be done to repair them in an efficient and timely manner.
Remember, no-dig technology is only as good as the company doing the work. We have the skill and expertise to do it right. Trust A-1 American Services with your plumbing and sewer pipe problems.
Trenchless Sewer Line Repair
Once the plumbing trouble has been identified, we can perform trenchless sewer repair:
- Two small holes are dug for access on either side of the broken and damaged line. We don’t dig up the majority of your yard like some other companies do.
- The older pipe is broken up and those fragments are left underground.
- The replacement pipe is eased into the same section of pipe.
- The replacement pipe takes the place of the old pipe and is then connected to the rest of the piping system.
7 Reasons to Choose Trenchless Sewer Pipe Repair
1. How much does trenchless, no-dig sewer line replacement cost?
The cost depends on the location and the hardscape. What’s above the pipe repair area makes a difference in how easy or difficult it is to fix. Contact A-1 American today for an estimate. We will assess the situation and determine what needs to be done.
2. Is trenchless less expensive than having my sewer line dug up and replaced?
Most of the time, yes, it is. Most of the cost of a sewer line replacement project is the restoration of landscaping and structures that had to be moved for access. A-1 American’s trenchless no-dig technology system reduces the necessary landscape restoration area, so it lowers the cost of repair work. It’s the most cost efficient process offered in the industry.
3. What is the time frame for trenchless sewer line replacement work?
The process of removing or pulling the old pipe normally takes an hour or less. Depending on the area and damage inflicted on the old pipe, it can sometimes take longer. The entire process of digging the two small entry holes to completing the final connections is normally done in one or two days.
4. What type of replacement pipe is used in trenchless?
Our trenchless system uses High Density Polyethylene Pipe (HDPP) as the pipe repair material. This pipe used for the pipe repair work is better than traditional pipe, such as clay, cast iron or PVC plastic piping. HDPE pipe resists corrosion. The pipe is fused, or melted together, where the joint is stronger than any other part of the pipe, making it leak-proof, and highly flexible. HDPE can handle the most wear and tear of all the pipe materials that can be used for this particular purpose. It’s the pipe of choice for trenchless repair.
5. What’s the difference between the trenchless process and traditional sewer line replacement techniques?
The main difference is that the trenchless sewer installation system reduces destruction to your landscaping and hard surface areas, including driveways, patios, sidewalks and concrete. By only digging two small access holes, the process preserves what otherwise would have to be dug up and replaced by traditional methods. It’s the fastest, cleanest and most cost-effective option for repairing damaged pipelines. The other processes are becoming outdated and unnecessary when it comes to getting the job done.
6. What is the lifespan of HDPE pipe?
HDPE pipe has an estimated lifetime of at least 200 years. Once installed, you will never have to think about it again.
7. What is the warranty on a trenchless sewer replacement with HDPE pipe?
We guarantee the pipe will not fail in your lifetime. Your sewer can be replaced without digging up your landscaping, driveway, patio or garden, saving you potentially thousands of dollars in restoration costs.
Why Hire Professionals over DIY repairs?
One thing can be said about water. If there’s a way out, water will find it. Even the smallest leak can cause thousands of dollars in repair and damage if it’s not taken care of professionally. Contact the trained professionals at A-1 American Services for your important sewer line needs.
Some ways you can run in to trouble trying to do this yourself are:
- Trying to modify your plumbing system
- Extending hot water lines or re-routing your sewer pipes
Working with hot water means cutting copper pipes, and that requires a blow torch. Unless you have serious welding experience, it’s best to leave the torch jobs to the professionals. Plumbing problems can get out of hand fast and lead to an expensive and wet future, when they’re not handled by trained professionals.
For more information on why hiring professionals might be a better idea for a homeowner and or business owner, click here.
For the latest plumbing techniques or emergency trenchless sewer pipe replacement, call 757-425-2400.